Friday, June 17, 2011

Sushi Garden

Needed somewhere to grab food after watching the Canucks' disappointing loss in Game 6 at the viewing party in Rogers Arena. Was super crowded on the Skytrain, but we ended up in Burnaby since that's where most of our group lived in. I have never at Sushi Garden before, but one of our group recommended it, so we decided to give it a try.

The place was packed when we arrived, but we got a table after a short wait. The service was not the best. After the meal, I asked for the bill and I made eye contact with the server so I knew he heard me, he did not nod or say anything and just went outside the restaurant to close up I guess; I was pretty offended about that, I don't expect excellent service, but an acknowledgment would be nice at least. 

Now let's talk about the food:


Assorted Sushi $11.95     3.5/5
Tuna, Salmon, Ebi, Hokigai, Ika, Amaebi, Tako, Tobiko, Tuna Roll, Salmon Roll


+
  • Even though they have Assorted Sushi at almost every restaurant, this was my first time having it, guess I was feeling a little "richer" today for some reason
  • The various sushi tasted fresh, nothing really popped out as very good to me, but it was still good
-
  • I prefer if the fish is a little colder when served, not ice freezing cold, but a little colder

    Chopped Scallop Roll $3.75     3.5/5

    +
    • I guess these days, I'm in love with Chopped Scallop Roll, I order it very often
    • It was alright, but I've had better
    • The salmon eggs add a good taste to the roll 
    -
    • The scallop was not as fresh as I would have liked
    • I would have preferred a "tighter" roll, (ie. less scallop popping out and instead add slightly more rice so that the roll is tighter)

      Overall: Another sushi restaurant out of many in this area. To be honest, I think most of them are very similar in terms of food quality, so it does not really matter which one you go to. I guess the competition keeps them all delivering good quality otherwise they would be outcompeted. And from the amount of people I saw at the restaurant, I know this is a popular place in the neighborhood. The food is good to satisfy any sudden cravings you might have for Japanese-style food and the prices are affordable. 

      Sushi Garden (Lougheed) on Urbanspoon

      No comments:

      Post a Comment