Saturday, June 25, 2011

Insadong


Was in the Burnaby/Coquitlam area after doing some hiking in Belcarra. As I was not familiar with the area, someone recommended we go to Insadong, I found out afterwards that this restaurant was a very high rated Korean restaurant from various local newspapers. Honestly, I wasn't super excited about having Korean food, but let's see how it goes. 


As we walked into the restaurant, I noticed the ambiance inside was quite good; it looked very traditional Korean decorations, this set up a comfortable setting for the meal.


Here's what we had:


Beef Shabu Shabu with Vegetable Hot Pot (Medium) $44.99     3.5/5

Beef Shabu Shabu


+
  • Beef tasted fresh, it had a good "meat" taste, prepared in nice thin slices; the sauces combined with the beef tasted wonderful
  • Beef not too fat
  • Vegetables were fresh also, I especially liked the mushrooms
  • Side dishes, especially the potatoes, were decent; they were not extremely good though, just regular
-
  • Not enough beef for the price in my opinion
  • This set was designed for three people, but I was still a little hungry after 
  • Gas ran out a few times during the dinner
Vegetables
Beef slices


Side dish
Side dish


Side dish

Overall: The food at Insadong is good and the atmosphere is traditional Korean. However, the prices are a little too expensive for me for the amount of food that I get. I rather go to all you can eat Hot Pot places at this price.

Insadong Korean BBQ and Seafood Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment