Sunday, June 19, 2011

Lumberman's Arch Concession


 Was spending my day at Stanley Park on this gloomy Sunday afternoon. I did not pack a lunch so I expected to be gouged by the food in this tourist area! It was around lunch time, and there were only a few customers at the concession stand beside Lumberman's Arch: a few humans, a raccoon, and some hungry crows anxious to grab food from unsuspecting tourists.


I have had a hot dog at Stanley Park before, and it was actually pretty delicious, so this time, I decided to try something different. I went for a food that I always want to eat, but rarely eat for whatever reason:






Small Fish and Chips $6.95     3.5/5

+
  • Fries were delicious, very hot and fresh off the oil fryer; I'd say the fries are better than McDonalds and A&W, but not as good as New York Fries
  • Fish frying paste was very crispy
  • Food was freshly cooked, I saw them making it in front of my eyes
  • Fish had a good texture
  • Not too oily

    -
    • Some of the fries had black over burned bits, not very healthy, but still delicious
    • Fish tasted bland; but I guess this is healthy 








    Overall: I'm actually really pleasantly surprised at the food I got for the price. I honestly expected really bad fish and chips, but they were definitely passable. My view on Stanley Park Concessions has changed :)

      Lumbermen's Arch Concession on Urbanspoon

      No comments:

      Post a Comment