Thursday, June 23, 2011

Han Ju Tofu Hot Pot (Crystal Mall)

This restaurant has two stores, one in Crystal Mall in Burnaby, and the other in Union Square in Richmond. I usually go to the Richmond one because it is more convenient. The thing I first noticed as I walked into the Crystal Mall location was that they are in serious need of a renovation, the walls were peeling apart, the menus were ripped, and the whole place needs a renovation in my opinion.


I immediately ordered the same thing I order every time I go to Han Ju, I have literally had this dish for ~50 times I guess; I have been eating this for a long time, but I never get bored of it, it is just too good.


This is what I'm talking about:

Korean Style BBQ with Rice $6.95     5/5
Korean Style BBQ Pork, 2 Kinds of Vegetable, Hot Tofu, Egg; on rice

+
  • This thing is addictive, I eat this every time I go here, trust me, if you haven't tried this before, you must!
  • The BBQ pork is delicious, it does not taste old, very fresh and good texture
  • Hot Tofu is the right level of spiciness, goes well with rice
  • Vegetables have strong taste, likely due to some toppings but I do not know what they are, but very good
  • Rice is excellent, it is sort of like Taiwanese or Japanese rice, where the rice is sort of sticky; I love this type of rice
  • Seaweed soup has good taste, it is hard to describe the taste, but it is good every time
  • I finish the entire bowl so that there is not a single thing left in the bowl every time





Overall: I love this place; one of my favourites in Vancouver It is good for a quick and delicious meal. Make sure to drink water after though, there is always a taste I think from the garlic or ginger in my mouth after eating.

Han Ju Tofu Hot Pot (Crystal Mall) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment