Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Tokyo John

Our party decided to eat somewhere on Cambie Street after visiting the Christmas lights display up at Queen Elizabeth Park (http://vancouver.ca/parks/parks/bloedel/). I wanted to try the new NOA Pan-Asian restaurant, but my friends wanted sushi. So I went along with them...

We ended up at a new restaurant for all of us.

I read some reviews on Urbanspoon.com that the service was bad, I did not encounter this, I felt they were quite acceptable (filled up tea, prompt, polite) for this type of restaurant.

I was quite hungry after the long walk, so decided to go with the Deluxe Bento Box $17.95. It is a little bit pricey in my opinion versus other restaurants, so I was really hoping it would not suck!


The bento box arrived and the presentation was quite nice. All the food items were neatly placed in the tray and the miso soup came separately. 


I really enjoyed the Salmon and Tuna Sashimi, I actually like it better when it's freezing cold. The chicken teriyaki, tempura, California rolls, Dynamite rolls were the standard fare as at other restaurants so not much comment, decent food.

Overall: I would not mind returning and trying some of their 10th anniversary special rolls.



Tokyo John on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment