Friday, December 30, 2011

Anton's Pasta Bar

It was exciting to finally give this Burnaby institution a try. Over the years, I've always seen people lined up outside the restaurant. I was here today for a farewell lunch to one of my friends who is leaving Canada.

We ended up waiting close to a hour because we were a large group, so by the time we got into the restaurant, everyone was starving.

I decided to get the Linguine Con Salmone Affumicato $12.50 with dill cream sauce (smoked salmon in a dill cream sauce), I actually had no idea what dill cream was..., but thankfully I liked the sauce when the pasta came.

Reading the reviews on Urbanspoon, I was excited to see exactly how big the portions would be. I was not disappointed. I managed to finish the whole plate, but I was literally stuffed after...

On the actual pasta itself, I though it was pretty good, I liked the sauce and the smoked salmon bits still had their salmon taste. One thing I would have liked is if it wasn't as salty.

Overall: I think this is a good place to stuff yourself if there's no lineup, otherwise I'm not sure if the wait is worth it...

Anton's Pasta Bar on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. That meal sounds really good! But FYI the lunch portions are much smaller than the dinner meals. For about 4$ extra at dinner time your getting about 50% more food. The dinner portions are the Huge feasts that most people talk about! I think I'll try your choice next time I'm in there!

    ReplyDelete