Sunday, August 21, 2011

La Brasserie Street

Was headed to Richmond in the morning to meet up with some friends. On my way, I travel by Vancouver City Centre Canada Line Station; I remembered seeing an interesting street vendor a few days ago, so I wanted to try them today. I got there around 11, and had to wait a few minutes for them to be ready for customers.


It was easy picking what to eat at this food stall, they only serve one item of food, the Brass Chicken Sandwich $6.25 (Beer brined rotisserie chicken in gravy, on a buttermilk bun, topped with crispy onions) 3/5. The sandwich came wrapped in a foil wrap and was ready quickly after ordering. 














This was definitely something new for me, the flavor was really unique. I think it was the beer brined chicken and gravy that made that taste. I didn't really especially like or dislike it, but it was alright, something new. I liked the crispy onions that topped the sandwich, they were actually crispy; I also liked how the onion taste was overridden because I don't like onions that much. The rotisserie chicken was decent, but I found the texture a little rough; however, there was a piece of chicken that tasted extremely delicious because there was some fat on it. The chicken was very moist because of the gravy, this is pretty yummy, but again, I did not really like the texture. The sandwich bun was decent, it wasn't overly toasted or overly soft. One of my gripes is that I wish the sandwich would come much hotter. It was only slightly warm, I felt it would have been much more delicious if it came hot.

Overall: I do not think I'll try this specific sandwich again, but I like their ideas of food, so when they have something new, I'll definitely try it!

La Brasserie Street on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment