Friday, December 30, 2011

Shanghai River

Went to Shanghai River for a family dinner. I haven't been to here in ages and back then, it was only for lunch dim sum. 

I was excited to try some Shanghainese dinner dishes. 

We started off with an appetizer consisting of drunken chicken and sweet fish. I don't know the actual names of these dishes so I'm just going by description haha

I thought this dish was good. It is a cold dish, you could really taste the slight alcohol taste on the chicken. The texture of the meat was good, it wasn't overly soft or hard. I didn't have much of the fish, but it was okay, it's just a little weird if you haven't had this type of dish before because I actually ate some of the small bones.


We ordered four main dishes.


Cream Shrimp with walnuts

Fried Duck

Egg-white with Crab

Sweet and Sour Pork

I won't comment on the Sweet and Sour Pork because it tasted the same as in any restaurant, but it's still good. The fried duck was definitely the most interesting dish I had. I have never had duck that was prepared this way in my life. I absolutely loved it. It was a little salty but I felt it enhanced the deliciousness. The skin was crispy. It is a nice detour from the usual Chinese Duck that I usually have.

I have tried that dish with the cream shrimp a few times at other restaurants. I love the dish... I love how the shrimp is so bouncy when you bite into it... and the taste that the cream has added to it.

The egg-white with crab is also one of my favourite dishes. It was great for eating with a bowl of rice :)



Overall: I want to eat here again.

Shanghai River 滬江海派料理 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment