Friday, December 30, 2011

Chef Hung (West Vancouver)

It is rare for there to be a Chinese or Taiwanese restaurant to open in North or West Vancouver simply because there just isn't the Asian population to support these restaurants. Only way to be successful is to also attract the customers who are not Asian. 

Chef Hung Taiwanese Noodle can be found worldwide. Their first store in Metro Vancouver was in Aberdeen Centre in Richmond. I have not been to that particular store because I've read horrible reviews. 


When I heard in the radio that Chef Hung is opening in West Vancouver. I was positively surprised and excited to try it. Coming in to the restaurant, I immediately noticed how nice the interior was.

It was clean and bright and gives a overall modern feeling. Since this was my first time here. We decided to get some appetizers as well.

Taiwanese Chicken Nuggets

Jellyfish and the Sea Plant thing... forgot the name

Deep Fried Tofu with fish meat
All the appetizers were delicious. The sea plant thing tastes different than the Korean and Japanese ones, I like this one better. However, I felt I had better chicken nuggets at other restaurants, the ones here did not have a very strong taste.

I decided to get their Award-Winning Beef Shank, Tendon & Tripe with Noodle in Soup and Champion Beef Brisket, Tendon, & Tripe with Noodle in Soup. There was an option to choose between thick noodles or thin noodles. I chose to go with thick for the first one and thin for the second one. Let's see which noodles tasted better to me...

Award-Winning Beef Shank, Tendon, & Tripe with Noodle in Soup
Champion Beef Brisket, Tendon & Tripe with Noodle in Soup
 I absolutely loved both the noodles. But I definitely preferred the Award-Winning Beef Shank, Tendon, & Tripe because the slightly spicy soup for that bowl of noodle was so good that I am drooling as I am typing this... The beef quality was great for both bowls, there isn't any hard to chew beef brisket or anything like that here... I prefer the thick noodles because I think it offers more to chew on and it's quite chewy, but quantity wise, I think there are more noodles were it's thinner...


Overall: I'll definitely be back for the food, but only once in a while because it isn't cheap.

Chef Hung Taiwanese Beef Noodle 洪師父牛肉麵 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment