Friday, December 30, 2011

Peaceful Restaurant

Reading all the good reviews online of this restaurant, I decided to give it a try for lunch.

I went pretty early to avoid the crowds and I was glad I did, because when I left, there was already many people waiting! I thought the service was good, the waitresses are very attentive.

I decided to try their famous Beef Roll 

I must say, this beef roll probably deserves the hype. They put salty beef inside a wrap similar to those cha siu rolls you get at Chinese bakeries. The rolls are pretty big, and they are bigger than they look in this picture. I actually couldn't finish them because they are oily, so I took one for take out. I got really hungry in the late afternoon, so I had the leftover roll cold, it was even more delicious, maybe because I was starving...

I also wanted to try out their hand ripped noodles because they are famous for their open kitchen, where customers can see the noodles being made. I decided to get the Shanghai Pork-Chop Soup Noodles $7.95 (crispy pork-chop & spinach in a savoury broth). I was disappointed with this one. It just tasted like those types of food where it's quantity over quality. The broth I found unnecessarily too salty. The pork chops were really difficult to bite apart, there was not enough actual meat in the deep fried pork chops, but a lot of the frying batter. The noodles themselves I didn't find anything special.


Overall: It's good if you want to get full, but the noodles I did not really like.


Peaceful Restaurant (W. Broadway) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment