Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2S Green Asian Cuisine

This is a rarity, an Asian restaurant in North Vancouver that is not Korean or Japanese food. Seeing them open on Marine Drive a few months ago, I've always wanted to give them a try to see how the food is.

Upon entering the restaurant, I noticed they have made some renovations since a fire destroyed the old Yuko Maki that use to be at this location. The lighting is dim and creates a cozy atmosphere.

We were given the lunch specials menu, and I realized that they mainly serve Singapore-Malaysian-Thai (SMT) dishes. I decided to try the Thai Fried Rice because I can not handle very spicy dishes. I did not know that Thai Fried Rice is spicy ;(

All their lunch specials come with either salad or wonton soup. I got the wonton soup, it exceeded my expectations, I almost drank the whole bowl of soup even though I know the salt probably isn't the best for my health haha. The wontons tasted good and the meat was fresh I think.




All the lunch specials also come with a spring roll. Mine wasn't hot, but it was still crispy which is definitely the most important. Besides the not so optimal temperature, it is good otherwise.


For the fried rice itself, I have not had Thai fried rice before, it is definitely a different experience than regular Chinese fried rice. The ingredients they used: BBQ pork, peas, carrots, etc. tasted good to me. Too bad I'm not very good with spicy stuff. But I still liked it okay.

Overall: The restaurant appears to be family-run. The waitress was very friendly. We were given the wrong dish because they mixed up the order, but they offered to replace the dish with the correct one with no hesitation. I liked this. I will come back here during dinner to try their dinner menu and maybe their version of the Pad Thai.

 

2s Green Asian Cuisine on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment