Monday, July 11, 2011

Old Spaghetti Factory (Richmond)


Friends decided to go to Old Spaghetti Factory after a few games of bowling next door, I was pretty hungry after all that exercise. I have been to Old Spaghetti Factory before, but not in a few years. Our large group was seated quickly, and the service was attentive. I noticed they had a antique weight scale at the entrance that actually works, very interesting to have a weight scale in a restaurant haha



The newspaper-style paper menu had many many choices, and it took me a while to pick. Here's what I decided to go with. The entree also came with bread and ice cream.


Seafood Fettuccine Alfredo $13.50     4/5
A creamy creation with shrimp, scallops and mushroom sauteed with fresh spinach and egg fettuccine noodles and Alfredo sauce

+
  • Very thick Alfredo sauce and taste
  • Fresh seafood
  • Not too salty
  • Noodles were thick and texture was not too soft or hard
-
  • It just didn't taste very exceptional, I don't know how to explain, but it tasted really standard, which is why I gave it only a 4/5
  • Not enough seafood


Clam Chowder (Minestrone Soup is free, but I substituted for Clam Chowder) $2.25     4/5


+
  • Very very thick
  • Lots of fresh clams
  • Not too salty, unlike the "famous" clam chowder I had at Pike Place Market in Seattle which I thought was overrated
-
  • Could have came a little hotter




Overall: Old Spaghetti Factory delivers good food for the price. I would not mind being back. 

The Old Spaghetti Factory Richmond on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment