Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Benkei Ramen



It was such a hot day today! After going for a walk in Stanley Park, I was hungry for some lunch. Since I had a stamp card from Benkei Ramen, I decided to have lunch there. I noticed that they opened the sliding door/window thing; this was great for bring the summer into the restaurant! Finally summer is here! 


I thought I was going to get a bowl of ramen as usual, but when I got the menu, I noticed they had Beef Curry with Rice and that it was a *NEW* item, so I decided to try it. Maybe not such a good idea seeing as the name of the restaurant was Benkei RAMEN, but oh well, let's see how it was:

Beef Curry $7.75    3/5

+
  • Beef (I think it was Beef brisket) was delicious, there was just a little layer of fat, which was perfect as it wasn't too fatty or "old"
-
  • A little too much sauce in relation to the amount of rice
  • Besides the beef, it tasted pretty bland to me
  • More of the delicious beef would be great

Spicy sauce



Overall: I like their ramen better!

Benkei Ramen (Robson) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment