Monday, July 11, 2011

Bun Me Baguette

This past weekend was the Summer Live 125 Celebration in Stanley Park for Vancouver's 125 Birthday. Multiple street vendors set up shop inside Brockton Oval to serve food to hordes of hungry people; I was one of them. I had a hard time picking which vendor to purchase from, but I saw a big lineup at Bun Me Baguette, so I decided to try this one.
















I've never had a Baguette before and I had no idea what it is, but I thought it was sort of like Subs at Subway. I personally don't get why so many people like Subway, I don't like it at all. At first, I thought Bun Me Baguette would be similar and I wouldn't like it because it looks like a sub. But boy was I surprised! 





They had two options only, either BBQ Lemongrass Chicken or Lemongrass Tofu. And they also offered three levels of spiciness for risk takers, brave people, or people who can handle spicy; however, I can not handle spicy that well, so I opted for no spicy. The vendors themselves were Vietnamese (I'm pretty sure they were) so this is definitely authentic Vietnamese Baguette. Here's which one I picked:

BBQ Lemongrass Chicken $6.00 (HST included)     5/5


+
  • BBQ chicken was amazing, it had that strong "BBQ" taste which I just absolutely love; the chicken was also quite juicy when bitten into
  • The various vegetables they used (cucumber, cilantro, carrots, daikon) were cold and refreshing, especially the big slice of cucumber
  • The bun itself was unbelievably crispy, so good...
  • The sauce they used was a perfect fit for the baguette, I do not know how to really describe the taste


Overall: I definitely want to eat this again!

Bun Me Baguette (Street Vendor)
Robson at Hornby

604-785-8441

No comments:

Post a Comment