Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ramen Sanpachi


Saw an ad in the Klip Magazine about the August special that Ramen Sanpachi on Broadway was having. Either a Tan Tan Men or Cold Ramen for the bargain price of $5.95! Regular price is $8.95. I've never been to Ramen Sanpachi before and I've never had Tan Tan Men before; I believe it is the Japanese version of Dan Dan Noodles, a Sichuan specialty from China. I was the first customer for their lunch hour. Entering the restaurant, I was greeted warmly by two friendly waitresses, and I was seated beside the window in a huge table which was very comfortable. From what I saw, the restaurant looks quite new and is also quite spacious, good job on the construction. I already knew what I was going to order. The food came quickly thankfully as I was sort of in a rush.

The kitchen is partially seen, as with other Ramen shops















The Tan Tan Men $5.95 4/5 is Ramen in a reddish, spicy chilli and sesame soup, containing minced pork, garnished with chopped scallion and chili and topped with the likes of spinach or Chinese cabbage (chingensai). The soup base was excellent, unfortunately, I am not a big spicy eater, but I could taste that it was good, I just did not have that much because it was a little too spicy for me. My favourite part was the egg, the yolk was sort of half solid, and I loved it. The minced pork were fresh and properly minced, ie. not too big pieces. The ramen noodles themselves were again excellent, very nice to slurp them into the mouth because of their smoothness and the easiness to chew them apart.


I was impressed with the portions given for this special offer. I thought that they'd make the portions smaller because of the special, but the portion was huge and all in all, this is a great deal for great food.

Overall: I'm glad I found a new place that I can go to for a quick and delicious meal.

Ramen Sanpachi (Broadway) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment