Sunday, May 15, 2011

Richmond / Summer Night Market Food Stalls

Being the opening weekend of the annual Richmond / Summer Night Market, I expected a huge crowd. However, with the wet Vancouver weather, crowds were much smaller than I originally expected. It was the first time I have been to the Night Market since many years ago. From my limited memory of when I last visited, there were noticeably less stalls. I'd say roughly 60% were food stalls, while 40% were merchandise stalls. Honestly, I was more interested in the food stalls, as the merchandise stalls were filled with merchandise I could buy on Chinese websites!, although there were some interesting finds. 

I was not hungry because I already had dinner before, but I did have some food samples from various stalls. And with the rain showers on and off, I was not really in the mood of buying food. I did, however, take pictures of EVERY food stall, so when you visit, you can have a feeling if what you want to try. I will be trying to sort the pictures into the various food ethnics.
  

Chinese








 
Hong Kong Style






















Italian



Japanese














Korean





Taiwanese












Thai





Vietnamese








Western















Xinjiang








Overall: The food stalls reminds me of night markets in Asia. The atmosphere has been recreated successfully. I would like to thank the various vendors who gave me a smile :). I'll bring an empty stomach next time. 

Richmond Night Market on Urbanspoon

Summer Night Market 夏日夜市 on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Impressive! You took a picture (or two) of every single food stall! Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete