Saturday, May 21, 2011

Osaka Sushi (UBC Village)

Wanted to try a different place for sushi at UBC because going to the same place (The Honour Roll) whenever I crave some sushi at UBC can become repetitive. 

Osaka Sushi is located in the food court under the UBC Village. I was impressed by their stall presentation; they literally had a picture of everything on the walls so there was no confusion on what food I was getting. The variety of the food available was also very impressive; I spent a few minutes contemplating what I would get for my small dinner.

I decided to get this: 


Alaska Roll + Spicy Scallop Roll     2.5/5

+
  • good portion
  • included free miso soup which tasted decent
  • spicy scallop roll was very good compared to The Honour Roll: the yellow sauce is quite spicy which is good because it lives up to the name; my favourite feeling was when biting into the roll, I could feel some crunching in my mouth, didn't know what this was, but it was good!

 -
  • now you might be wondering why I gave such a low score if I am loving the spicy scallop roll so much, well this is the reason: the Alaska Roll was horrible
  • the avocado was hard, did not taste ready to eat at all; for this reason alone, I gave this a 2.5/5


















 Overall: I see Osaka Sushi is quite busy with UBC students. I will give them the benefit of the doubt this time and assumed they didn't know that the avocado was so bad. I will give them a try again.

Osaka Sushi (UBC Village) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment