Thursday, January 5, 2012

Saravanaa Bhavan

This was a fun gathering after school dinner with my friends. One of my friends suggested getting some good Indian food. So we organized an outing at Saravanaa Bhavan on his recommendation.

Before arriving, I did not know they only had vegetarian menu! I thought this was going to be bad haha because I am a carnivore. Also, I was recovering from a cold today so did not want to eat anything too spicy or deep-fried. However, I was so hungry that I could eat anything, and I believed my friend when he said the food would be good!

One of my favourite foods is potato, so I decided on the Rava Masala Dosa $8.50 (Cream of wheat & rice crepe stuffed with spicy potatoes & onions). The wait for the food was a little long, but all my friends waited until everyone's food was here, awesome!

My food finally arrived! This is definitely a new type of presentation for me, the food arrived in a futuristic metal tray! I tried the sauces on the side with my fork and they were all very good. I did not really use much of the sauces after because I did not want to eat anything spicy. The crepe itself was delicious! The whole thing is very crispy and thin, yet not too hard. The stuffing of spicy potatoes and onions was hot (temperature-wise) and not too spicy. I really liked it, it was just the right level of saltiness. In the end, that's all I had and it was enough to make me full even though I was super hungry before.

Overall: An Indian restaurant I would come back to if I am going for Indian food with friends.

Saravanaa Bhavan on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment