Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hamilton Street Grill


It's that time of year again for the annual Dineout Vancouver (culinary events, choose from hundreds of sensational restaurants ). This is actually my first year of trying this event, so I was quite excited. My friends decided on trying Hamilton Street Grill in Yaletown because we were all going to $38 restaurants later on and we wanted something with a $28 menu this time. I'm glad they made this choice because I've always wanted to try this restaurant. Our reservation was perfect and our table was ready right at the reservation time. The restaurant started off not that busy as it was early, but as the night went on, it was very lively inside, there were lots of couples, groups of friends, families, all trying the Dineout Vancouver menu.

We were given some bread and little bacon "sandwiches" to start off. 



Both were free but they were actually really good. The bread was very soft. The bacon "sandwich" had a thin piece of bacon squeezed in between, along with what I think is butter. It was warm and very soft, and the bacon was still crispy. Very nice to start the meal.

For the appetizer, I got the Appetizer 1: Roasted Organic Squash Soup, coconut milk, red curry, Thai herb pistou. This was definitely something new for me. By that, I mean the taste of the soup. You could definitely taste the curry, but it wasn't spicy. It reminded me of eating Curry Rice but with just the curry sauce! I liked this one though.
For the entree, I got the Grilled Certified Angus Beef sirloin, horseradish demi, German butter potatoes and seasonal vegetables. I got medium rare as the temperature, and I thought that the meat was still a little stiff, but I liked it. The German butter potatoes (top of the picture) were okay, nothing special in my opinion, I would have preferred mashed potatoes. The seasonal vegetables, I did not really like the beans because they were not soft enough for me. But overall, the beef with the sauce was pretty delicious.
For the dessert, I got the Candy Bar Terrine, Chantilly Cream, burnt demerara sugar toffee. I didn't know what to expect when I ordered it, but I found that I really liked this one. It was like a big mix of taste of a little everything. The toffee was really interesting because it was a hard sweet thing inside the chocolate tasting black toffee. I splattered the cream all over black "thing" and it was a good mix LOL


Overall: I felt my money was well spent for this meal. The service was good and the dishes were delivered at good timely intervals. The food quality matches the price.


Hamilton Street Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment