Monday, January 2, 2012

Hong Sushi

What a good reunion time today I had with some friends from last summer! After doing some bowling at Revs in Burnaby, I asked my friends which restaurant they recommend as they live in the area! 

They decided on Hong Sushi on Hastings. I was a bit skeptical on the cleanliness on the place since it's on Hastings, but I was positively surprised. Hong is mostly does take-out sushi orders and there are only two tables inside. Even though the inside did not have much decoration, it felt clean and comfortable. 

I was having a hard time picking what to eat, so decided to get the one that most people get because it's the best value: Sushi Special which included salmon maki, California roll, and yam roll, along with a miso soup. My friend remarked that this place gets crazy during lunch hour once school starts because of its proximity to a secondary school.

My friend also got the sushi special lol

The food was delivered promptly and there was complimentary tea. 

Appearance-wise, I was really impressed because this was a really cheap price but I really liked the neatness presentation of the rolls. This looks a lot better than other places with similar sushi specials.

The Salmon Maki were excellent, the salmon pieces were pretty big for being a maki, and it tasted fresh.

 The California roll were one of the best I've had in these type of set lunches. The imitation crab was cold and tasted fresh. The avocado was also fresh.

My favourite was probably the yam roll because it was still crispy. I've had yam roll at other restaurants where it just tastes soggy. But here, it came warm and crispy which I really liked.


Overall: The food is really good for a take-out place. I'd be interested to try out their others items but since I do not live in the area, probably won't have much opportunity.

Hong Sushi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment